• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Hunting Novictum: Spots and Drop Rates

Started by Harrington, December 09, 2003, 03:57:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Harrington

Hi Guys,

Hunting Novictum is a time consuming process and oftentime frustrating. I would like to gather all available information concerning Novictum in this thread. I will start this thread with a summary of my experience.

1.) Ancient Novictum Refiner

This little tool is used to subdue raw Novictum, which is needed for the production of pocketboss crystals. This process does only require the tool and no tradeskills. The tool is available from Yutto Tools in the various playfields, unfortunately FC decided to make it a rare offer.

If you want to get it, then check the offerings from Yutto Tools e.g. in Central Elysium, if he does not have it you have to kill him and wait for him to respawn (around 10 min). Repeat this until the ANR is in stock (you will have to kill him severall times), once the Yutto has it, tell everybody in the playfield to stop by and inform your friends. ANR Camping is a frustrating business.

2.) Novictum up to QL 16x (?)

The Spirits close to Ergo in Scheol drop Novictum QL100-16x. Seems to be a guaranteed drop on bosses. This is a nice location, as you can flee into the temple in the west, if you have too many spirits on your back. Getting Novictum over QL 160 may require to kill 10-15 bosses.

3.) Novictum up to QL 20x

I usual go to the spirit dungeon east of the Adonis incarnator or the spirit dungeon in the redeemed tempel of Penumbra. Spirit QL is between 155 and 165. The spirit room in the tempel can be tough to solo, as you maybe attacked by 3-4 spirits/forgotten beasts at the same time. Novictum QLs that I have seen dropping there were between 13x and 206. The drop rate is frustrating, sometimes 2 in an hour with at least 2 TL6 people killing spirits without a stop, sometimes just 1 in 2 hours. If you only want Novictum QL185 and above for the better pocketbosses, it can get even more frustrating.

4.) Novictum  QL 210+

This is needed for the Ice Golem, that needs to be spawned and killed for the Ring to inferno. So far I only know two outdoor locations with QL 170 Spirit bosses in Penumbra, that drop this QL (one in NW Penumbra and one Norht of the hollows in the ruins). The Spirit bosses are tough customers and the drop rate is frustrating. I know several people that camped these locations for several days (12+ hours a day), before a QL 21x piece dropped.

I do not have the impression that drop rates of Novictum have been changed with the last patch, any comment on this is welcome.

Please post any other location for Novictum hunting you know and provide us with the drop rates.

Cheers
Harrington

talenramel

Quote from: "Harrington"Hi Guys,
1.) Ancient Novictum Refiner

This little tool is used to subdue raw Novictum, which is needed for the production of pocketboss crystals. This process does only require the tool and no tradeskills. The tool is available from Yutto Tools in the various playfields, unfortunately FC decided to make it a rare offer.

If you want to get it, then check the offerings from Yutto Tools e.g. in Central Elysium, if he does not have it you have to kill him and wait for him to respawn (around 10 min). Repeat this until the ANR is in stock (you will have to kill him severall times), once the Yutto has it, tell everybody in the playfield to stop by and inform your friends. ANR Camping is a frustrating business.

There are a total of 4 Yuttos Tools in Nascence and Elysium.  There are none in Scheol, and one that I believe exists in Adonis.  In Nascence there is a Yuttos camp to the NW just south and across the bridge from a Redeemed Garden exit (just don't go north from that exit or you may encounter one of the single nastiest mobs I've ever seen, Lord of the Void).  In Elysium there is one in Central Elysium, one in Eastern Elysium just south of the "Eastern Elysium" on the official map (Ergo in WW drops you here if you got your key from him before like 150), and one on Shell Beach right beside a Redeemed Sanctuary statue.  In Adonis there is a Yuttos camp to the west of the Unredeemed camp with the teleporters in southern Adonis.  I've not actually seen this one, but I'm pretty sure it's there.

Gives you more options for the Ancient Novictum Refiner to show up.  Me and another guy camped for around 2 hours goign between the four in the lower playfields every 10 minutes before one showed up.  It's exceptionally rare.

Harrington

Convincing the Yutto is more fun, than running around  :D. And you can read a book between the kills. From all that I have read in the different forums (RK1,RK2,RK3) killing/camping him is the fastest way to "force" an ANR. Got mine after the 4th or 5th kill.

Cheers
Harrington

Savonah

Killing Yuttos lowers Guardian of Shadow faction, doesn't it?  How much of a faction hit do you take for killing them?  Would suck to camp that item then not be able to go through the portal to where you want to go.

:)

Tarjila

Does the novictum drops has increased a bit since end of december?

Mayze

I hunted for tier 1 novictum at the incarnator in elysium just west of the scoop...dunno if that helps or is even relevant to this post, lol.