Author Topic: QUEST : Lava Protection Boots and Skin Galvanizer ( Boots )  (Read 81178 times)

herodotus2

• Administrator
  • Expert
    • http://www.tonycollings.com
QUEST : Lava Protection Boots and Skin Galvanizer ( Boots )
« on: September 23, 2003, 02:31:59 pm »
Important Note about spawning Tchu:

The 'charm method' still requires that the hellion fanatics be killed in order for the spawn to work properly the next time.

Charming is exploiting a bug in the system FC implemented to do their charm cycles that clears out the mob's NCU.

Once this is gone it will spawn the next mob in the chain, but won't work again. The mob needs to be killed for it to reset.

This is the same reason that dogs and sharks could be killed (when we still had to do the quest) and not spawn the rest of the cycle.

People have noted several Tchu spawns (and Galahad spawns) go badly because people don't understand this simple but very important fact.

- Ladyloss, 22nd March

For those of you who haven't spotted the "theme" yet, for playfields behind Scheol you need protective gear of some sort otherwise you get hit for a (Insert Damage) DOT, which, Im told, is huwwwage for Inferno.

So in the interest's of personal safety get yourself this protective gear :D

You need these boots in Inferno to survive the 2k Fire Damage DOT

The Quest :

1. Show Milliner your Penumbra glasses for info on how to get the boots.  He asks you to collect some items and gives tube that is needed with step 4 - Clot of Blood from a Fiery Imp.

2. Superior Quality Molock Muktuk, You can get this from Slithers in NW Penumbra. Screenies here and further location details below.

3. Amulet of Algid Amber Can be found in the Penumbra Catacombs off of boss mobs (Screenies here). Good luck down there. Personally I recommend getting some Shadowlevels before doing this.

4. Tube of Blood from a Fiery Imp - Just inside Inferno (Yes there is the DOT running, you need to borrow boots or some way to out heal it - bring help) there is lil bugs that when killed spawn Fiery Imp. Kill the Fiery Imp and it has possibility to drop Clot of Blood from a Fiery Imp. Combine the Clot of Blood from a Fiery Imp with the Empty Blood Sampling Tube you got from Milliner at the start of the quest.

5. Once you have all the items head back to Milliner, and begin the elaborate chat all over again. Finally he will give you a Illegible scribbles in some strange language

You then need to begin an elabrote spawning procedure ( see below ) for Nohar, and basically trade all the above 4 items.............

Voila!

Friregan

• Veteran
Milliner about boots:
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 05:48:41 pm »
Milliner:
Making the Lava Protection Boots and Skin Galvanizer is actually more of a genetic engineering project with a dash of good old pizzazz voodoo mumbo jumbo than millinery. And to tell you the truth, I really can't make them. But I can give you some initial directions. For the actual making of the boots you need to talk to an old augurer called Nhohor.

Me:
And where can I find this Nhohor fellow?

Milliner:
All in good time my friend. First you need to get hold of some vital materials for these boots of yours. What you need is a Tube of Blood from a Fiery Imp, Amulet of Algid Amber and Superior Quality Molokh Maktuk. Bring these items to me and I will direct you further. And oh, yes! Wait!

-The Milliner filches an empty test tube with a rubber cork from somewhere within his volumnous cloak and hands it to you.-

Milliner:
Here, take this for the Imp Blood.

Me:
Where can I find fiery imps?

Milliner:
Inside the Burning Marshes, the place is crawling with them, so to speak.

Me:
Where can I find Molokh Maktuk?

Milliner:
For that you need some real large aquatic molokh's. All quality muktuk I have seen in my days came somewhere out of the Abyss.

Me:
Where can I find Amulet of Algid Amber?

Milliner:
This is an item begotten by unholy rites on the banks of Eridan, the hiemal underground river of Penumbra. Please, watch your soul down there, there is a lot of competition for fresh souls in evil places such as that one.

Me:
Watch my soul?! What do you mean?

Milliner:
Seeing is believing and every time I was there, I ran through with closed eyes! But I have heard rumoursabout ancient evils down there that will not die. Just be careful my friend.

Milliner also gives you Empty Blood Sampling Tube for imp blood.

Snowbunneh

• RK2 - Shadowlands Explorer
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 08:27:37 pm »
The slithers can be found here:

And looks like this (roe being dirty again):

Roedran

• RK2 - Shadowlands Executive
  • Novice
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2003, 04:41:44 pm »

Took about 7 kills per person, but my team of 3
got the part in about 2 hours or so in NW Pen as you sed.

Now, for the rest.... hehe

Iron "Roedran" Will
Field Commander & General | Rimor | Shadow of Death
Founding Member | The Pandemonium Leet Squad
http://www.mclainhome.com/AO/leet/leet.html

herodotus2

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 02:20:29 pm »
Amulet of Algid Amber

Another day, another raid...

After heading back into the Catacombs after our failed last attempt. We found this thing The Amulet of Algid Amber :D

It dropped from a boss mob down there called humbada, but that should really be bad-ass. He has a really really nasty Area Nuke and should, ideally, be NSD'd.

Your gonna need a raid crew down here as most of the mobs are lvl 215 +

Here's some screenies from our last unsuccessful expedition.

Sheffy

• Rookie
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2003, 11:44:26 am »
Well, I made it into Inferno.  Once you give the 3 quest items for the boots to Milliner, he gives you Illegible scribbles in some strange language which you are supposed to give to Nhohor along with the 3 items to get the boots made.  Perhaps if someone finds him, they could post zone/coordinates.  I'm guessing he's somewhere in Inferno though.

The DoT is 2000 damage and is very hard to out-heal for anyone but Doctors (and Agents  :P ).  The Fiery Imps are right at the portal and are not "hidden" like the Arctic Leets were in Penumbra.  There are fleas which you can kill in one hit, and once you kill one, a Fiery Imp spawns.  They're about lvl 200, hit pretty hard and have a lot of HP.  I was able to solo one with NT buffs, but it wasn't easy and was a bit stressful.  It also took about 10 minutes  :oops:  If you're not an Agent or a Doctor, don't even bother going in there for longer than 20 seconds without one of those two professions with you to keep you alive.  And even then, they'll probably be trying to keep themselves alive and won't be able to focus on healing you, so bring more than one if you can  :wink:

Now we need Nhohor.  Help.   :x

herodotus2

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2003, 06:51:13 pm »
Well flying around a Medusa camp in EFP I came across some Tara wannabee "Tchu" that pwned my ass for 10k of damage, didn't get chance to pop a screenie off lol.....

Sod trying to kill that mofo.

"To make a long story short, they finally managed to corner Nhohor in his temple Marum. But as the dragons were proceeding to kill him and all seemed to be lost, four witches of the cult managed to suck out Nhohor's spirit and make a wild escapge, ending in them hurtling themselves over the Brink and vanishing forever."

Related ?

If this is something to do with it, this place is gonna be the next ACE camp.... Jesus I love Funcom.

Roedran

• RK2 - Shadowlands Executive
  • Novice
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 08:31:33 pm »
Ok, new school way to do this based on a post by Randarde Level 202 Bureaucrat @ Rk2...

The very easiest way to spawn Tchu (applies to crats only)

Farm your hellion mirrors as normal, you need four, these can drop from the Spirit mobs outside Ergo's chambers in scheol, when you have acquired your 4 hellion mirrors, head to Rubi Ka (Eastern Foul Plains zone) 1544 x 3850, There you will find a Demon looking monster labelled "Hellion Fanatic" charm him (TMD will work fine, they have pathetic Nanoresist) release him, then mez him, yalm up and fly to 2350 x 3800, then 1300 x 3560, then 770 x 3500, then 1890 x 4040. The process for these sites is nearly identical, with the exception of 770 x 3500.

You start with a mob called "Hellion Imp" Charm him (TMD) get some distance between you and him, preferably max nano range, Release him, instantly mez him, 4 adds will pop, 3 also labelled Hellion Imp, 1 labelled Orchard Philanderer, if you mezzed the first imp fast enough, and have sufficient range, none of them will aggro you (if they do, run backward mezzing them one at a time as you go, they have very poor NR and have not countered me even once, AOE calm does not work, however). Charm Orchard Philanderer (note for the 770 x 3500 spawn, TMD is not good enough without a psychic drain, TTMD or VOT will work without a psychic drain), get him close to you and away from his friends, free him, mez him instantly.

In each case this spawns a mob named "Something's Pain" Where Something is either Filio, Fecit, Fructum, or Fuisse. You can't attack this mob, and this is why you require the four hellion mirrors, for each Pain mob that spawns, you need to hand him the Hellion Mirror, this will destroy him and spawn a corresponding Withered Old Witch at the main medusa territory crater in the center, it will also give you a "Focus of (mob name)'s Pain" which you need to hold onto to give to the appropriate Withered Old witch when the time comes.

When you have acquired all four Focus of Pains, head to the main medusa encampment with the four pointed star structure in the center, each point of the star will have a Withered Old Witch on it, Fuisse's Witch is East, Filio's South, Fecit North, Fructum West. Initiate a dialogue with the witches and give them their corresponding Focus of Pain, for example, Focus of Fuisse's pain to the Withered old Witch on the east, this will in turn spawn a Malah corresponding to the focus that you gave the witch, it doesn't matter if you mess up the focus to give to the witch, as they'll just hand it back to you without reacting, do not try to talk to them, even in vicinity, and do not have anyone else in the area when handing them the focuses (the star shaped section in the center of the crater).

When you have spawned all four Malah's, initiate a dialogue with Malah Filio, she will ask you for the Illegible scribles you would have received from the adonis milliner and provide you with a talisman, and in turn, ask you to ferry the talisman between the four witches, each time providing you with a once, twice, and thrice enchanted talisman, when you hand the thrice enchanted talisman back to Malah Filio, Tchu and his imps will spawn.

Killing them is a *LOT* harder than spawning them ^^

Props to Herodotus' guide which is where I started from when figuring all this stuff out.

Footer: Do not leave a "spent" Hellion Fanatic wandering around, if someone else comes back to kill this mob in order to spawn the 4 groups of imps and spawn tchu, it won't work, charm / release is a kill without killing, so make sure that after you've used that method, at least on the hellion fanatic, that you kill it afterward (take it to the raid party and get them to kill it for you, whatever, just don't leave it wandering around in it's spent form or someone will be put out when they try spawning it)

Respawn time on Hellion Fanatic is 3 hours.

Cheers
Dreadhand Level 182 Martial Artist @ Rk2

----

Old Sckool 2003 version...

Thanks to zSheffy, Snowbunnie, Hemphunter, Javick, Supersolid, etc.
and crew for this!

I've been told that you kill the dragon, the Nhohor guy spawns.
You give him your boot parts and he makes the boots for you.
Or something like that. I hear the bootmaker stays up for 30 mins
so all can trade. A few omnis who know how this works on RK2
will be posting what he/she knows soon I'm sure.

BEFORE you head out:

1. Go to the Milliner and show him the three items
you need for the boots. He'll give you a note for later on the Dragon
spawning process.

You also need the note from Milliner not only for the Tchu
spawning process, but you need to turn it in plus the 3 items
for the boots to Nhohor. In other words, everyone needs the
Note if they want their boots, the note is not only used to spawn
Tchu.

2. Get four Hellion Mirrors in Scheol, by killing the spirits
near Ergo and all mobs in the area.

To spawn dragon:

1. Location to start: EFP 1544 X 3850
We went to the coords and near found a Hellion Fanatic.
These coords may change, the Fanatic is wandering around the crater.

This is the spawn mob who will spawn 4 more Imps scattered
around the crater after you kill it.

Routine is: Mezz all nearby adds, kill the Hellions/Imps.

Once dead, you need to find an Imp and kill it.
The 4 Imps/Pains spawn all over inside the crater.

Other Imps are found here:
2350 X 3800 Fussie
1300 X 3560 Fecits
770 X 3500 Filio
1890 X 4040 Fructum

After you kill the first imp, 4 new Imps that spawn next. Mezz them.
Concentrate on killing the Orchard Philanderer.

2. Kill the Orchard, Fecit's/Fructum's "Pain" spawns.
DO NOT KILL THIS "PAIN" MOB.

This "Pain" mob is an NPC which you trade a Hellion Mirror to.
You can get the Hellion Mirrors in Scheol, by killing the spirits
near Ergo and all mobs in the area.

When trading the Hellion Mirror to the "Pain" NPCs, do not use
any dialog, I think it will despawn the NPC. Simply click "Give
item" and hand him the mirror. Only one person can do this at
a time, since the NPC despawns after the mirror is traded.

In return, you get a Focus of Pain item. You use this item to
spawn the dragon. There are four focus on pains in all.

3. Once you have all the Focus of Pains, go to Medusa Camp to
spawn the dragon. Each person gives the pain to the witch of the
same name, Withered Old Witches. Do not chat.

The witches all have the same name, and there's no way
of knowing which Focus item each one wants. I can verify
if you trade a witch the wrong Focus item, she'll give it back
and you'll have to try trading another one. Once you trade
all 4 witches the correct Focus items, they one-by-one turn
 into new NPCs.

Then talk to the Malah Filio, and she gives you a talisman which
you must give to the other witches to enhance it. Follow the order
of which witch gets the talisman in what order.

She'll also ask for a note from the Milliner about the boots.

4. When you're done getting the talisman enhanced, give it
back to Filio, the boss witch, and the dragon spawns in the
center of the "town" area here...

5. When you spawn the dragon, a ton of Imp mobs spawn as well,
so stay back.

We gathered at 450 X 3660 to stay away from spawn to do the
killing. These adds despawn after 30 mins of the dragon spawning.
So either you kill these adds or wait 30 mins to take dragon alone.

Then he owned us! Note Snowbunnie's limp blue trox body on the
right. I think he took 2 hits? Or was it 3....... Hehehehehe!

6. Once dragon is gone, Nhohor spawns for 30 mins. Everyone can
ha

Iron "Roedran" Will
Field Commander & General | Rimor | Shadow of Death
Founding Member | The Pandemonium Leet Squad
http://www.mclainhome.com/AO/leet/leet.html

Snowbunneh

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2003, 11:58:54 pm »

Snowbunneh

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2003, 12:05:46 am »
1st kill attempt = Remains of Snowbunnie

Snowbunneh

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2003, 12:27:14 am »
2nd attempt: Remains of Snowbunnie

And i took 10 hits at least.

Vaalena

• Beginner
Re:
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2003, 12:47:24 am »

6. Once dragon is gone, Nhohor spawns for 30 mins. Everyone can
hand him the parts for the Inferno boots and get a pair made.

Hmmm... How do u know it is like that if noone has killed the chick so far?!

Docgalaad

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2003, 02:25:47 am »
It has been killed today.
Sheffy got his boots and posted on the Official forum.
This walkthrough seems complete.
Great work, and many thanks to people on RK2.

Sheffy

• Rookie
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2003, 02:28:02 am »
Yep, been done, thanks again to SF/Legion.

(note the reflect damage, that was through reflect  :shock: )

But we did it  :wink:

For those who haven't participated in killing him yet, I suggest you try even if you dont have the parts for the boots.  It was a very challenging but fun raid, plus its something new to kill, which is exactly what we've been asking for ;)  Great fun.

Tchu has been killed a few times since, but not many.  I'm going to love raiding him more in the coming weeks.  :P

Sheffy

• Rookie
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2003, 02:39:31 am »
Corrections/clarifications to the guide (you may want to edit your post):

The imp mob which starts the spawns is Hellion Fanatic, not Hellion Imp.

When trading the Hellion Mirror to the "Pain" NPCs, do not use any dialog, I think it will despawn the NPC.  Simply click "Give item" and hand him the mirror.  Only one person can do this at a time, since the NPC despawns after the mirror is traded.

You also need the note from Milliner not only for the Tchu spawning process, but you need to turn it in plus the 3 items for the boots to Nhohor.  In other words, everyone needs the Note if they want their boots, the note is not only used to spawn Tchu.

The witches all have the same name, and there's no way of knowing which Focus item each one wants.  I can verify if you trade a witch the wrong Focus item, she'll give it back and you'll have to try trading another one.  Once you trade all 4 witches the correct Focus items, they one-by-one turn into new NPCs.

Good guide overall!