QUEST : Adonis -> Penumbra ( + 4 ) Ring

Started by herodotus2, September 15, 2003, 12:26:45 am

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

herodotus2

Ergo is located underwater and so is the Portal.

The easiest way to the portal is to fly to an Underwater Entrance at 1992 2579 Sacellum ( Portal Down ). This can be located directly North of Abonis Abysss Text ( Black with 6 "out-houses" building ) on the large "P" map.

(2022 x 2609 Sacellum East Docks is Portal up)

Ergo Under Water is at 1879 3811

Other Entry points into the water are :
1940 2580 - Sacellum
1407 2080 - The Prominence
2314 1438 - Lament Lagoon

Quest :

".. I Have installed alot of cold fusion cells, but I am lacking raw materials for the process.."

"... important part is Palladium. A precious and rare metal."
"I know it was mined long time ago in what we now know as the Abyss. That was before the and broke, when it was on dry land. There were two mines, called the "Pothole Mines".

Another vital material is deuterium which is a heavier and stable isotope of ordinary Hydrgogen. I had some deuterium xtractors places round and about the Abyss. They can be hard to find though as I have been having endless troubles with parasites down there, disgusting little things that gnaw away at the underwater equipment.

The Third thing is an Electrolyte Base. I know that the company that made those things was called "Sunburst", but that was long, long time ago. The last thing I need are some alloy trace materials as the speed of the fusion is dependant on having exactly the right metal traces in the palladium. This should do it I think".

He needs

2 x Palladium Filaments, 2 x Deuterium Collectors, 1 x Unit of Sunurst CF Electrolyte Base, 1 x Calibrated Palladium Alloy Tace Base

"This last item is a bit tricky to get as it requires specialized chemical expertise. You should go and find Dr. Pons or Dr. Fleischman that are to help you out. They arrived from Rubi-Ka a while ago and have been very helpful. Give this letter to Dr. Pons when you see him, he will know what to do."

Other info. from talking to Ergo. ( Possibly not related )

Yutto Called "The Milliner" Milliner is a living not his name, something to wase his pain .
He Made a type of glasses.

herodotus2

This item could help underwater Metawater Repellent Spiritech Suit

This Quest info Here

The Milliner quest is a seperate one for the dive helmet and can be found at 1240 x 475 Finding Serenity spawns right next to him. He's on a spawn timer so if he gets killed, you may need to wait a while.

herodotus2

2 x Deuterium Collectors drop from Parasites.

Parasites hang around the entrances to the water ( at the water 'portals' )

They are unique mobs though, when you kill them they double in spawn.

Kill 1 you get 2 more, kill those 2 you get 4 more. And they are tough little blighters. Insane HP and crazy regen. makes solo 'ing impossible. Even for Nomius :P

To get the Deuterium Collectors keep killing these parasites, they tend to drop more frequently on the "boss" mob. Not really a boss, but tougher than the others.

Again, dis-appointing, lots and lots of killing, 3 hrs to farm 8 ( you need 2 each ) :(

ALSO You need someone with good aggro. management in your team. MA and Enforcer 'Fear' nano's work best.

1 x Sunburst CF Electrolyte Base can be found in the Southern Most ARK ( "Spaceship" looking thing on the East Coast, Inside ) in normal chests and on mobs.

WARNING: Another possible Camp-a-thon the item doesn't drop very often. About 1 in 5. Took us 30 mins to get 3, and the place looks like it could get very crowded :(

Entrance to platforms (inside) is 2692 x 2555 underneath the ARK.

2 x Palladium Filaments drop from  Eremites.
Enter the water at 2320 x 1438 : The Outmost Yard

Pothole Eremites ( Will need a team and some healers )
1750x 1750
1971 x 1813 Also spawn there

We found it best to alternate between sites. Takes a little while to figure a short route out, but well worth it.

This process is soul destroying :(

Remember you need 2 pieces EACH. It took us ( Team of 3 ) 4 hrs hard graft to get these. Really really random drop. Boss Eremite seems to drop it more frequently, but not even he drops it all the time.

1 x Calibrated Palladium Alloy Tace Base

You give the letter you got from Ergo to Dr. Pons or Dr. Fleischman

I have the location of the doc's; 2461 1740 : The Depression

Dialogue from Dr. Pons.

"Dr. Pon

".. We are trying to find the right alloy to make cold fusion more viable as an alternative energy source. The manace downstairs has been making this work a but troublesome, but now as you have been so nice to get rid of it, I would be thankful if you would allow me to get on with my work. Or was there anything else ? "

"I am looking at some rare metal alloys' that some of the golems in this place produce naturally. It is most intriguing. Me and my associeate have long been interested in special aspects of nuclear fusion and here in the Shadowlands we are getting some real interesting results."

Basically you need to go to a static dungeon, and kill the boss mob, he will then spawn the doctor's. After speaking to the doctors they ask you to get some items from "Golems" ( things that look like rocks ) he then spawns them, BUT, at the very beginning of the mission. AND there are 12 of them .

The item you require are Assorted Metal Dust and drops from them about 1 in 3, and you need 3 of them.

You'll get wiped without a good team.

Then what you do is the following :

Hand Dr. Pons note he gives you a Palladium Alloy Calibration Device
which you give to Fleischmann. Then he instructs you to get 3 x Assorted Metal Dust. Cancel chat, and re-open chat, and trade him the Dust. He then uses the Device to make a Calibrated Palladium Alloy Trace Base. voila !

WARNING : Camp-a-thon alert !! The boss mob is on a 1-2hr timer :(

herodotus2

These are the critters you gotta kill. Pretty easy with one mob at a time. BUT 12 spawn. They are fearable. They are charmeable.

imho Team should have a 'crat in it, couple of Enforcers with Fear, and a healer, preferabbly a doctor.

herodotus2

The hiding place of the good doctors.

herodotus2

The boss mob Lollygagger

Roedran

1 x Sunburst CF Electrolyte Base can be found in the Southern Most
ARK ( "Spaceship" looking thing on the East Coast, Inside ) in
normal chests and on mobs.

Entrance to platforms (inside) is 2692 x 2555 underneath the ARK.

Came back Sat. night and killed 4 and 1 dropped. Phew.

Also drops in chests -- most run into the first area and get it in the first
two chests/boxes inside the first area. Heheheh...

-- Roedran RK2

Iron "Roedran" Will
Field Commander & General | Rimor | Shadow of Death
Founding Member | The Pandemonium Leet Squad
http://www.mclainhome.com/AO/leet/leet.html

Evilmojo

The Sunbursts are Chest/box/robo remains etc loot btw... for thos who usually don't care about chests.

Mo

Roedran

Ok, when you're killing the Dusty Golems, look around for spiders
nearby in the Doctor's dungeon that drop something called
Curse of the Watcher.

Take that curse (which is nondrop) to the test at ergo to get
into Penumbra. You're looking for a mob called -- wow --
Watcher of Adonis ;-) and you'll find him at the bottom of a
walkway OR somewhere in the dungeon, so keep those tab
keys clicking or you may walk right into him.

Before you attack the Watcher:
Target the Watcher.
Right-click your device.
Thats it, no need to pick it up or anything.
You have to get fairly close, and he doesn't agg easily so it's not much of a problem. You'll know you placed the curse on 'em cuz you'll see a
poof of purple come off of 'em when it's correctly applied.

Then attack him.

None of us in team took any hits while the curse was running. It
lasts for 10 minutes. Otherwise they say he hits like Ian Warr
without the curse.

BTW the Watcher also drops an MP nano, I forget its name, OR
a worthless jem in its place.

ALSO, the ring that you get back from ergo to get into Penumbra
is a +5 ring, not +4 -- so you skip from +3 to +5.

Iron "Roedran" Will

forgottenone

Dusty Golems static dungeon - is a 4 hour respawn on boss while thier are uninformed player waiting 4 hrs for it to spawn inside stopping the 15 min spawn.

Here the catch if the dungeon is empty and noone goes in for 15 min- aka the dungeon is empty - the dungeon boss respawns!

so if someone is standing at entance askin players to not go in for 15 min boss dont reset when palyer in thier is  bug and fun.com fix it a 15 min spawn all the time no matter if palyer are inside soon o.O

15 min wait is > than a 4 hour wait
In the words of the ancients, one should make his decisisions within the space of seven breaths. When one becomes like a revengeful ghost, though this head is cut off, he should not die. This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai.

Roedran

To claify the last part -- which I messed up which despawns the docs...

Basically you need to go to the static dungeon, and kill the boss
(Lollygagger)...

...soon as he dies, the doctors spawn.

After speaking they ask you to get some items from
"Golems" (things that look like rocks) he then spawns
them, BUT, at the very beginning of the mission.
AND there are 12 of them. The item you require are
Assorted Metal Dust and drops from them about 1 in
3, and you need 3 of them. You'll get wiped without a
good team.

As soon as the doctors spawn, here's what you do:

Hand Dr. Pons the note you get from Ergo.
He gives you a Palladium Alloy Calibration Device.

Give the device to Doc Fleischmann.
Fleishman instructs you to get 3 x Assorted Metal Dust.

Get your dust by killing the Golems.

Return to DOC FLEISHMAN. Just trade him the dust.

He then uses the Device to make a Calibrated
Palladium Alloy Trace Base.

Done.

;-)

Iron "Roedran" Will

Nataar

A word of caution on the golems dungeon, it is a single static dungeon (i.e. only ever one instance of this) as a result it is camped 24/7 by just about every level 200 not already in Penumbra, your success on this part is 10% your (teams) skill and 90% how nice the other people in the dungeon want to be. I have often walked in to find groups just sitting at the Zone in, you will be in constant competition for the golems. If you are the team that went up top, killed the boss and just spawned the golems the team(s) below will be doing there best to kill your golems before you can even reach the first lift button. As an added annoyance the spawn time on the boss seems to be even worse than the undead engineer pre-fix. This is a serious choke point and has/will bloke me from getting any further in SL until such time as the 10% skill factor turns to a 100% one. I could be in for a long wait.  :roll:

Other than that, this guide has been perfect, its will written and accurate. If you feel this post isn't appropriate to the guide please feel free to delete it (not that you need my permission  :twisted: ), I thought I would give this warning to all of you on this rather bad part of the quest.

Phelsior

How to use the Curse of the Watcher correctly:

Target the Watcher.
Right-click your device.
Thats it, no need to pick it up or anything.

Have fun ganking him, as he now is as dangerous as a pussycat :)
--Phelsior

XtremTech

Could somebody condense this thread into a single 'walk-through' post? There's bits and bobs of how to do it all over the place and it's a bit hard to get the overview.

Thanks in advance. :)

X

Smashing Young Man

Just wanted to bump (oh, you can't bump a sticky) this old thread to say that the quest still works. I just did it on my 131 trader. He received something on the order of 7 million xp (I got 1.5 dings out of it), but it was still hardly worth the effort; it's a bear of a quest. There is no way I could have done it without my pocket 214 crat following me around. I only did it to get my paws on a QL200 Mudurlugu (which I got within three hours after setting foot in Pen).

Go Up