Small spots cant hold both HQ and a Cloaking Device

Started by Gadda, September 02, 2004, 01:08:33 pm

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Gadda

We build our city... getting a nice HQ!
Being attacking by aliens!
Everything i sooo sweet!

Then, we gonna build a Cloaking Device, BUT...
theres only one 3x3 spot on our plot and thats already taken by the HQ!

Is this intended? After all I have read about AI it says "Your able to trigger an Alian attack"
Hard to do with out a Cloaking Device!

We are thinking of deleting our city and build a new one, but then theres a lot of hard earnd cash just disapearing like poo in a toilet!

Daimoness

It is sad that apparently the smallest spots cannot support an ECM. To me this is a design flaw but that's how it is apparently.  :(
::: Corrine "Daimoness" Wright ::: Veteran of Apocalypse ::: Atlantean Server :::

ACCOUNT STATUS: Cancelled
This account was cancelled at: 2004-09-16

Reason: Patch 15.6.5

And patch 16.6.6 is just an appeasement, it's done little to correct the problems and imbalances created.

Dhurdahl

Well if I understand everything right... the ECM allows 2 things...

1) Lower/protect your city from attacks when you dont want them (up)
2) Raise the % of an attack (down)

So with out a ECM you have a constant risk of having an attack..

:D

Fuzze

Same thing happend to us.. think we are building our new city right now but im not really shure cuz im at work
Fuzze rk1 Gimped Fixer
Proud member of Northern Shadowrunners

Gadda

Hehe Fuzze...
Gadda = Kungkeno =)

We have build a new town in NS now... Much bigger, much more expencive, much cooler!
But no money left! :/

Fuzze

So the town is up now ? nice =) i went to work shortly after we claimed the new spot
Fuzze rk1 Gimped Fixer
Proud member of Northern Shadowrunners

Wittommy

Well, hopefully that will be changed in the future.

Otherwise the only thing about AI that I and a lot of ppl in my guild were looking forward to is of no use to us, since we play mainly for fun and just barely managed to raise money to buy our plot in the first place :(  :(

Another thing, when I logged on today our city was completely different from when I logged of last night, anyone else this has happened to?

Ivort

We have run into a similar problem. We had bought land hastily and now have decided that there is not enough room for all the things we wish to build in our city. Had a petition answered and were told we can buy and build on a new land immediately after destroying our current city. So we blew it up and lost several million credits in other structures we had already created. nly to find out that we are still thee owners of this land that we dont want...take this land back please!
Take me to ur lead0r!

Evil White Ranger

Quote from: "Ivort"
We have run into a similar problem. We had bought land hastily and now have decided that there is not enough room for all the things we wish to build in our city. Had a petition answered and were told we can buy and build on a new land immediately after destroying our current city. So we blew it up and lost several million credits in other structures we had already created. nly to find out that we are still thee owners of this land that we dont want...take this land back please!

Prolly the same ARK that told a guildmate of mine he could do Mercs at 90 :p

[size=10]Hi, I own a Dino Stegazord, it has a big laser I like to shoot things with.[/size]

Gadda

The problem with small plots will be taken care of!
A GM told us that there would be atleast 2 3x3 spots!
Just so you know.

BlueKnight

There are a lot of launch issues and this seems to be one of them.  Even if they do add space, a lot of us got screwed out of a lot of credits.  In order for our Org to make AI even worth buying, we had to scrap all that we made originally (our lot was too small only because of the CT placement by FC) and start over.  Kiss 100M good bye.  These things should have been tested in Beta and it is wrong to make the user population suffer poor testing.  It is not like this was a intermitent thing.
"Primitave" Ballbuster

Go Up