New Boss Room on Alien Ships

Started by Whatchuwant, July 18, 2005, 10:56:40 pm

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Whatchuwant

Got to see this new Recruiter boss for the first time over the weekend. Unfortunately, we had our level 50-60 alts out for the raid, and one of our fixers pulled a Leroy Jenkins & got most of us killed.

I was dual-logged with my lil doctor & MP, and was able to escape to the lower level. I managed to zone back up a few times to try out a few things, but eventually got killed.

My observations were these:

1) there's a pilot-type mob inthe middle of the room (named different, but similar in function). We killed him quickly, as we would have the regular pilot.

2) the room was full of coccoons, which we could not attack

3) the northern most area had a Recruiter general-type mob (this is where our fixer went gung-ho & where most of us died).

it seemed that whenever the recruiter was engaged in combat, that he would spawn some mobs from the coccoons. I was able to reproduce this with my doc & MP, and after waiting a bit below levels, the general would reset to the north end, andI could pull the spawned adds & kil them at the button.

I was never able to make any serious headway against the general, having to abort & drop down once 3 or 4 adds had been spawned.

Can anyone shed some light on the tactics needed to handle this type of boss room?

Are there a finite number of adds that can be spawned, making it a matter of waiting until there's only the Recruiter left?

Is it a matter of killing the recruiter as fast as possible to avoid too many adds spawning? If so, are there any proven tactics for making this go smoothly? (pulling him out into the middle of the coccoons obviously didn't work for us)

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, as I am given to understand that there's a guaranteed Lead Bots drop from this room, and it'd be a shame to squander any future encounters.

Thanks in advance :)

Baina

my strategy is:
kill pilot he hits herd :P
then go as fast as posible to this boss (admiral with werid name) and kill him @ his spawn point, he hits hard to so you need good tank enf is good but req a lot of healing so i chose soldier with tms/ams and 2nd sl witth guardian in his spawn point are only 4 cocons when he spawn one yu must kill it fast when 4 cocons are spawned theres no mre adds so its "easy" :)

Go Up