running 2 accounts

Started by zeekial, February 21, 2005, 05:44:40 pm

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

zeekial

good day  :)

now the trouble i'm having is not being to see my other avatar

i have over the weekend, subscribed to AO alien invasion, (downloaded the 1.5gb freebie then paid for a alien invasion upgrade subscription)

and what i want to do is play the game on 2 seperate pc's, so my sis can gang with me. but when i did a test run i found that when both players were on the same server (the first of the two) and both in exactly the same place, i could not see the other avatar. i could see posts from other players scrolling by but when i spoke from one avatar the other could not see it, and vise-a-versa.
I though it might be cause one was on an AI subscription and the other on a basic trial acc that it might not mix the two, but that doesn't account for the general chat visable on both. (though one did see other poeple that the other did not, aswell)

so i am at a qandry as what to do.

i dont want to pay for a second account if i cant interect both players, i might aswell find another game where i can  :cry: but i like this one

oh and one more thing, being as i downloaded it and paid to upgrade the account to AI, will i have to do the same again, and pay again to do use it on the other pc, whereas if i bought a hard copy i could have installed the full game and just paid the standard subscription without the upgrade charge???

Vercingetorix

Quote from: "zeekial"
[...]might be cause one was on an AI subscription and the other on a basic trial acc that it might not mix the two, but that doesn't account for the general chat visable on both. (though one did see other poeple that the other did not, aswell) [...]

I'm pretty sure you've already figured it out, but since I'm such anice guy and all  :D , and I see the question pop up here and then :

I'm pretty sure you're talking about the ICC Backyards : they're instanced - run up to the teleporter Rooms, Team up, and make sure all persons in the Team zone out at the same time, to be on the same playfied.

First post, nice assit, I'd like to think.
/self-gratification

Go Up