Alien Armor Process and List

Started by Kevoupe, September 13, 2004, 01:17:34 am

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Kevoupe

The difference is in step 2, It takes much less chem skill to process pristine than it does with mutated.

The ql of the pristine/mutated determines ql of armor, the bots in the final steps have to be within 80% of the ql you are making I believe.

Sathorn

IMHO QL of Armor is determined by QL Kyr'Ozch Viralbots.

Toonu

Do the viralbots for the first part and the XXX viralbots only drop of named bosses on ship or they from clumps?

Gellex

drops mostly from aliens in the ship, but rarely generals drop it
Gellex,
-Member of Regulators, Rimor

Krause

What ql % range do the 2 full armors need to be to combine?
(like if i have a ql 300 Supple armor, whats the lowest possible ql Strong armor i can combine with it)

-Krause

Credat

90% definitely works (ql270 strong will combine with ql300 enduring to make ql300 merc for example). Have yet to test 80% tho, which I assume might work as all the other parts of the process are 80% also.

Roedran

Excellent guide! Just helped to make my first piece. Appreciate your time.

Iron Roedran Will | 220 Soldier | Rimor | Shadow of Death

Kevoupe

Quote from: "Sathorn"
IMHO QL of Armor is determined by QL Kyr'Ozch Viralbots.

the above statement is false:

I started with ql300 pristine Bio-material which I made into ql300 DNA cocktail:

I used ql287 Kyr'Ozch Viralbots which I made into ql287 Formatted Kyr'Ozch Viralbots.

I combined ql287 Formatted Kyr'Ozch Viralbots with ql300 DNA cocktail and ended up with ql300 Kyr'Ozch Formatted Viralbot Solution.

ql300 Kyr'Ozch Formatted Viralbot Solution + Basic Legwear = ql300 Formatted Viralbot Legwear.

ql262 Spiritual Lead Viralbots + ql300 Formatted Viralbot Legwear = ql300 Spiritual Armor Legwear.

ql224 Arithmetic Lead Viralbots + ql300 Formatted Viralbot Legwear came up with this statement:

The Arithmetic Lead Viralbots must be at least level 240 to combine with the Formatted Viralbot Legwear level 300.

So in both cases where 'bots' are used:  The Pristine/Mutated Bio-material determined QL.

And the 'Lead Viralbots' must be 80% of Formatted Viralbot armor's QL.

devgank

Quote from: "xertigo"
Has anyone figured out the % of the target ql the source armor has to be to make the final combined  armor? In other words, what % can you boost the qlvl of the source armor.

Any word on this? becuase i would love to be able to use some ql300 bots on some 240 armor, then up it to 300 when i combine it... thats if the 80% rule holds true. Let us know if you have tried :P

Relaxx

Quote from: "xertigo"
Has anyone figured out the % of the target ql the source armor has to be to make the final combined  armor? In other words, what % can you boost the qlvl of the source armor.

Its is 80%
QL 240 Strong Body Armor + QL 300 Enduring Body Armor will result in QL 300 Combined Mercenary's Jacket

Quote from: "devgank"
becuase i would love to be able to use some ql300 bots on some 240 armor, then up it to 300 when i combine it...

Combining a Formattet Armor Piece with Viralbots will not change the QL of the Armor Piece.
[size=10]Novice Possum "Relaxx" Jenkins â-  Equip[/size]

devgank

ya i wrote that wrong, what i meant was combine a ql240 strong body armor with ql 300 enduring body armor in order to get ql300 mercenarys body armor. So from what i understand that will work fine.

Go Up