AXP issues

Started by Alleg, September 07, 2004, 02:34:31 am

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Alleg

Um, anyone else have an issue with losing ALL their AXP when you die from fighting Aliens? Is it just me or is that a throwback to the ancient beginnings of AO? Are there plans to intoroduce as system where you can regain or at least keep some of your AXP? Has anyone had any success with saving their AXP inbetween alien fights?

Dyna18

You can't save axp, that's intended.
The level of axp gained and lost will be tweaked with thursday's patch.

Alleg

So if you can't save, how do you level to the uber Alien levels? Even the most careful people die sometimes. I suspect that if you need like 1 mil to level and you only get about 10K per round of aliens, your not going to see very many people leveling in AXP unless they are really lucky. I hope at the very least, they fix the amount of XP lost when you die. I haven't been able to keep a single AXP. I find that a total screw at the low levels, imagine at the high ones.

Ninj00

to my knowledge this is a way to save axp.

Zantezuske told me about htis one,

Go to an alien raid, gain axp , go to old athens ( or trade if your omni ) , let youself die by a guard of any sort , then the next time you fight aliens you shouldnt loose any of the XP you had previously since then

Gellex

hes sure about it? can you confirm?
Gellex,
-Member of Regulators, Rimor

Ninj00

well i know 100% you only loose AXP  vs aliens, so you wouldnt really loose anything for trying it

Phexor

What Ninj00 said works. I had aixp, I saved outside tir, then I let Simon kill me. Got my stuff from reclaim and saved again. Next alien raid I died on mothership and I prety much still had the xp I had before the raid or pretty close to it since I dont remember the exact number I had.

Gellex

gah, awesome!! thanks guys.. hope method will work till FC figure out a better system for the AXP
Gellex,
-Member of Regulators, Rimor

Remmance

afaik you dont loose all axp when you die so far through 2.5 alien levels every death lost about 1400 axp but not more
220 Fixer, Rimor
Proud General of Tiger Claw

Ninj00

just died at an alien raid after doing that death thing,

I had 6.8k before the raid , gained about 1.5k  , then died and lost 1.8k..

died a second time and dropped down to a little bit before that,

seems like you dont loose too much anymore, as long as you die between raids

eeky

Gonna test this out tonight myself and see how it goes.
Don't steal!  The government hates competition!

Ninj00

well I died a few more time >_< FFS

But I wasnt loosing massive hunks, just small bits,  it defently reduces the ammount lost,  not totally, but it IS a reduction

Evil White Ranger

What's bugging me isn't the loss on death but the new ACP arc after 15... :|

[size=10]Hi, I own a Dino Stegazord, it has a big laser I like to shoot things with.[/size]

Go Up